Tuesday 13 April 2010

Foodie travel: Barcelona, Spain, London and Canterbury, UK

I just got back from a glorious two-week holiday. First on the journey was Barcelona, to catch up with some family and friends. After that, I journeyed back to my uni town of Canterbury. I spent a wonderful week there: eating and drinking (mostly drinking) and catching up with some of the most wonderful people I know. I finished off my trip with a few days in London visiting my sister and soaking up the sunny city.

A wonderful part of the holiday, aside from all the wonderful sights and people I got to see, was all the WONDERFUL food that I had (oh, I'm such a fattie). I made sure to make a note of them to share with you all, so here goes:

By the way, could I say wonderful more?

BARCELONA:

Txapela (Passeig de Gràcia, 8-10): A wonderful little place on one of the main streets of Barcelona that do very reasonably priced little Catalunyan pinchos.





George Payne (Plaza Urquinaona, 5): An Irish pub (yes, we're such tourists) that does great British food, if that's what you're looking for.

Gelato Fratello (Passeig Joan de Borbo): The BEST ice cream I think I've ever had. Right on the waterfront. Can't go wrong.







La Boqueria (La Rambla, 100): Barcelona's well-known food market DEFINITELY met up to my expectations. So much of every food you could ever want; plus, pretty colours!







CANTERBURY:

Deeson's (25 Sun Street): This is one of my favourite places to go in Canterbury, and where I went for my birthday lunch with my sister. They do great British, using local produce. Fabbo.



Photos courtesy of deesonsrestaurant.co.uk


The Parrot (1-9 Church Lane, St Radigunds): A great traditional English pub that's started serving up some amazing food. Check it out for good eats and great atmosphere.


LONDON:

Antipasto and Pasta (511 Battersea Park Road): A tiny authentic little Italian in Battersea. The service great– the staff are all really friendly– and every Thursday the entire menu is half price!

Photo courtesy of qype.com


Saf, Whole Foods (63-97 Kensington High Street): A Vegan-friendly raw food place that just opened up in the Whole Foods on High Street Kensington. An interesting twist on things like nachos, ravioli, and sushi.

Byron (300 King's Road): An AMAZING burger place on the King's Road. The burgers are cooked amazingly and you can have pretty much anything on it that you want. Don't expect a huge amount more than burger food, though.

Photos courtesy of byronhamburgers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails